Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

New Additions to Goat Song Farm

Some new little goats have landed, here at the farm. And they look like this:


Yeah, my knitting needles have been getting a workout. I have three of these little guys already skulking around the house, and a fourth one still hanging on the needles!


While small in size (roughly 4" high), they make up for it by being extremely feed efficient (they hardly eat any grain at all!), they don't challenge fences, they're quiet, and they make lovely house pets (not everyone can say they get to keep a goat in the house!). 


Sure, their conformation isn't all that great... Rear leg angulation is practically non-existent, poor brisket extension, loose shoulders, and they're horned. But they have VERY sweet temperaments! ;) 




I'll have some wee goats in my Etsy shop soon, so keep an eye out for them! I can do custom colors to a degree too; just let me know what you're thinking. :) Buying one goat will buy one bale of hay. So not only are you buying a handmade gift, you are keeping Goat Song Farm running! 

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE them!!! (and I'm not usually a craftsy kindof girl!) Be sure to let us know when they become available!

Goat Song said...

They are in the shop now! :D

Michelle said...

How does one fine your shop?

Autumn said...

They are adorable!!!

Goat Song said...

Michelle, www.thespinstersnook.etsy.com

Hannah said...

Wow, those are so cute, Caitie!! That looks so hard...