Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Tomorrow!!

I. AM. SO. EXCITED! Tomorrow, at 6AM, I'll be on my way to the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival with a sister, and some friends! HURRAH!!! :D

 The OFFF is more than just a yearly event to me... It's a "family" reunion. I always bump into a ton of people whom I know, but haven't seen since last year's event, students whom I've taught to spin (about 25 now!), I meet new people.... Oh man... If you're in the area, you should go to it! But if you go tomorrow, please don't be alarmed if you find me in the sheep barn having a lively conversation with some ewes, or a stately ram. I can't help myself...

 I had a firm talk with myself this afternoon, on just what I could or could not bring home. This year, I'm hunting for kid mohair fleeces, pygora fiber, angora fluff, and of course any sheep fleeces that I feel sure I have to have. LOL. I did give myself permission to bring a rabbit or two home, but ONLY if they are 1) A French, or German Angora. 2) They're top quality and papered. And 3) They're in my budget. I doubt I'll find any rabbits of that sort this year, which could be a good thing. One thing that I really, really, really want to bring home, are sheep. Buuut, they won't fit in my friend's car, methinks. Humph. I've got some handspun skeins of yarn packed in my bag, all ready for trading, as well as a few other goodies. I'm going to try to not spend more than $20 tomorrow.... Goals are good, right?

Toodle pip and cheerio! 


2 comments: