Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Changing Seasons

 Slowly, things are beginning to change here in the Willamette Valley.... We've been joking that summer has "finally" started, as we've had the first days of high 80's and low 90's. ;) Our July hovered in the 70's, and August wasn't much different, so this September has been nice for us heat lovers. But amidst the heat... I can feel the seasons changing... Today, as our afternoon coastal winds blew in, the tangy smell of salt water came with it. I love that... In a few more weeks, our Red Tailed hawks will be traded out for seagulls, who will make a nuisance of themselves in parking lots, and will stay until next spring. Trees are slowly beginning to change hues, and trade their cool, green colors, for warmer, scarlet and goldenrod shades.


 More than the seasons are changing, as I look around... There are some things in particular in my life, that are changing, but I am not yet ready to share that.... Maybe soon. 


 I used to hate change... I guess the goats rubbed off on me, and I liked it when everything was exactly like the day before. As I've grown older, I've changed too; and now I look upon changes as an adventure. So here's to cooler weather, autumnal colors, and seagulls in town! ;)

Photos are courtesy of my dad, taken in 2006.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

I love it when the seasons change! In particular, Fall is my absolute favorite, but I like early Spring as well. Having my goat has really helped with me being more appreciative of the weather and the seasons.

Ernie B said...

I was VERY sorry to read of all your goats dying--well not all of them, but anyway......I personally am still sorrowing over Penny's death, as I'm sure you are. Anyway, sorry for that and hope all is going well.