Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Announcing... A Yarn CSA!


This would be the answer (well, one of them anyway...) to all of my thoughtfulness, and wheels-in-head-turning that has been going on. I am offering five shares to my yarn CSA!!

In the past, I have always relied on selling raw goat's milk to get me and the animals through the winter. This year however, all of my does are dry (not lactating), so I am forced to start getting creative! I think this CSA will be a fun, if not challenging, experience. I can't even remember the last time I needed to push myself to make a skein a day (and for the record, it takes 5-6 hours to make 1 skein of yarn)! But, if I can get all five shares sold, I do believe it would hold us quite comfortably through the winter. Last year, I had to make some hard cuts due to lack of funds, and ended up selling my rabbits, and some goat kids that I wanted to keep (I still regret selling them!). I am hoping to not have to repeat that winter!!

 If you are a knitter, crocheter, or just a yarn lover in general, and you have yet to try using hand spun yarn, well, I think you would like it. ;)

 But, enough talk! If you would like more information on a CSA share, or if you would like to buy one, simply click HERE.

No comments: