Pages

Friday, August 19, 2011

Here At The End Of All Things...

To quote Frodo from 'Return of the Kings': "It's done! It's gone!"

And so it seems to be... But here in my case, I am speaking of the "mystery illness" that rampaged through the goat herd. It seems to have finally run its brutal course, and I am left to survey the damage... I lost 5 precious goats...

First was Penny, whom you have already read about...


Then we lost Nickel, who would have been my herdsire...


 Then Samwise Gamgee....



And then my sweet doeling, Chamomile... My show goat, my future milker, my girlie with the ripped ear... Gone. 


Lastly was Frodo... That was hard...


 After Frodo died, a movie line came to mind. 

It was Frodo saying to Sam, "I'm glad to be here with you, Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things..."


Here at the end of all things...

1 comment:

Hannah said...

:( That is so sad, Caitie! I will be praying for you and the rest of your goats.