Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

They're here!!

That was the fastest birth I've seen yet! At about 12:30, this afternoon, Heidi gave birth to twins!!

I was so surprised when right after the first kid appeared, a second kid came zooming out! I was sure that Heidi would only have one baby since she looked so small, but I guess this will teach me not to count my chickens before they hatch (er, not to count my goats before they're born!).

The first kid was a male who looks exactly like a Boer. A white body, black head and neck, and a white blaze running down his forehead. He is definitely a husky fella'. The second kid was a female and looks identical to her mother. She's a teeny, tiny, dainty little lady who has lovely dairy conformation.

Their names? The male is named Bertram, and the female is Beatrix. I know, they sound like odd names, but they actually fit the kids really well! My family and I recently watched the movie 'Miss Potter' for the first time, a couple days ago, and it quickly became a new favorite of mine. The movie is about the famous author 'Beatrix Potter', and her life. Beatrix had a younger brother named Bertram, and on a whim, I decided to dub Heidi's kids after the two Potter children.

And no, I haven't gotten any pictures yet!! Our barn is really dim, so I was not able to get any good shots of my cuties. But I promise I will post some as soon as possible!

No comments: