Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chicken Wisdom

All I Need To Know In Life, I Learned From My Hens
By Michaele Oleson

Wake up early, stay busy,
Rest when you need to, but always stay alert.
Visit your favorite places each day.
Scratch out a living.
Routine is good.
Plump is good.
Don't ponder your purpose in life - your brain is too small.
Accept the pecking order, and know your enemies.
Weed your garden.
Protect your children fiercely - sit on them if you need to.
Take them for walks, show them the little things, and talk constantly.
Make a nice nest.
Share it with your friends.
Brag on your accomplishments.
Don't count your chicks before they hatch.
Protect your nest egg.
Test your wings once in a while.
Squawk when necessary.
As you age, demand respect.
Leave a little something for those who care about you.
Chase butterflies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha!!!!!!! I LOVE this!!!! And I would agree with most of it. :)

Goat Song said...

Glad you liked it! My personal favorite line is: 'Don't ponder your purpose in life -- your brain is too small. That just about fits me. ;D

Anonymous said...

Most of them are my favorites--like the one about sitting on your children :) Here's one to add to it!..Good things come to those who wait. (referring to sitting on the nest to hatch your babies)